A Rainbow of Corpora
Corpus linguistics and the langauges of the world
Andrew Wilson, Paul Rayson and Tony McEnery (eds.)
The aim of this volume is to showcase the range of corpus-based linguistic research currently being carried out on languages other than English.
The papers included report on work carried out on Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Biblical Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Medieval Irish, Korean, Romanian and Swedish, including a number of regional and social variants. They also address a range of areas as diverse as corpus design, corpus annotation, register analysis, syntax, and quantitative linguistics.
The papers in this volume will leave the reader in no doubt that corpus-based research is now being conducted for a whole "rainbow of languages".
1. The PARIS 7 annotated corpus for French: some experimental results
Anne Abeillé, Lionel Clément, Alexandra Kinyon, François Toussenel
2. Lexical frequency of contemporary Canadian French based on a large corpus
Martin Beaudoin and Michel Simard
3. The Corpus of Electronic Texts: A digital lexicon of Medieval Irish and an Irish prosopography
4. A corpus of written Italian: a defined and a dynamic model
R. Rossini Favretti, F. Tamburini and C. De Santis
5. A reusable corpus needs syntactic annotations: Prague Dependency Treebank
Eva Hajièová and Petr Sgall
6. Variation across Korean text registers
Beom-mo Kang, Hung-gyu Kim and Myung-hoe Huh
7. A tagset for the morphosyntactic tagging of Arabic
Shereen Khoja, Roger Garside and Gerry Knowles
8. Tracing referent location in oral picture descriptions
9. Pragmatic and discursive aspects of German modal particles: a corpus- based approach
10. Investigating characteristic lexical distributions and grammatical patterning in Swedish texts translated from English
11. OpenText.org and the problems and prospects of working with ancient discourse
Matthew Brook O.Donnell, Stanley E. Porter, and Jeffrey T. Reed
12. Syntactic change in Abidjanee French
13. HPSG-based syntactic treebank of Bulgarian (BulTreeBank)
Kiril Simov, Gergana Popova, Petya Osenova
14. Grammatical aspects of Corpus Linguistics: Design and usage of linear and hierarchical text databases
15. A corpus.based analysis of how accurately printed Romanian obeys to some universal laws
Adriana Vlad, Adrian Mitrea and Mihai Mitrea
ISBN 9783895868726. Linguistics Edition 40. 166pp. 2003.